The Extensive Moonlight Sentinel Guide
    by Ivy

• Introduction
    • Items
    • Dyes
    • Subclass Skills
    • Skill Enchantment

Introduction:

"The Moonlight Sentinel Rain down arrows at the same time the enemies miss there attacks. The Moonlight Sentinel might have the lowest damage of all the archer classes, but with a very high critical attack rate and run speed they are the perfect archer."

As the description given by NCSoft themselves, MS is an archer class with the lowest damage but reciprocates that by their speed. They have the highest DEX amongst the other races as well as high CON.

In this guide I will briefly provide you with the information I have gathered from my experienceas a Moonlight Sentinel.

================================================== ================================
    Items:

Elegia Leather Armor Set

When equipped, Speed +3%; P. Atk. +6.59%; Critical Rate +171; STR +1; DEX +2; CON -2; Resistance to Paralysis +50%, Resistance to Fire/Water/Wind/Earth +5. Can equip a cloak.
    PvP/PvE: Your main set will be Elegia Light Set. It is the most offensive set for an archer, and is necessary in order to maximize your damage.
    Vorpal Leather Armor Set

P. Def. +5.57%; Max MP +360; Speed +3%; P. Atk. +5.57%; Atk. Spd. +5%; STR +1, DEX +2, CON -3; Resistance to stun +50%; Resistance to fire/water/wind/earth +5. Damage +182 during critical. Can equip a cloak.
    PvP: As your off-set you should prepare a Vorpal Leather armor set, mainly due to the stun resist. In case of olympiad games, you will equip this set against heavy stunners, daggers and fellow archers. For a more defensive setup.

BOWS!!!

This is the most interesting part of being an archer in Lineage 2. There are a variety of bows available to players for each different situation.

Recurve Thorne Bow Focus

The most standard S84 bow, has the highest P.Atk.

Dynasty Bow - Great Gale Focus

For me, this was my main bow as I wanted to accentuate on MS's advantage of speed. It was the most ideal for my playstyle, Highly Recommended for multiple purposes (whether PvE or PvP). Use this Bow only if you have mastered Bow Mastery +30 Power to reciprocate your P.Atk. This bow with {PvP} enhancement is a killer in PvP.

Icarus Spitter - Concentration Focus

Dagger/Archer killing bow. Get this as your offset bow to use against characters with high evasion. It gives a great boost in accuracy, a truly amazing bow.

Vesper Thrower - Clairvoyance Focus

Gives extra range. Best bow for tanks/GS/Sagi's, use it if you join Battles/field PvP as extra range=more damage as an archer. Make sure to turn off Rapid Shot when using it. Otherwise it's pointless.

Small Note: If you can afford, especially in Olympiad games, try to have a bow with Critical Slow. It is the most ideal SA when fighting against tanks, as the whole point is to kite them throughout the match, and deal as much damage as possible.

Attributes for Weapon:

This is the secret for any archer . Just try to analyze the flow of the server, and try to decide on the attribute least used by the server. I recommend having several bows ( I personally carried 5-6 ) with different attributes and swap them to decide on the attribute that have dealt the most damage.

Belt:

This is another heavily discussed topic. I suggest u use P.Atk belt if you are a beginner MS and you rely on maximizing your damage output.

Skill Atk. belt is mainly used in oly where the damage heavily depends on archer's skill use. Especially vs. characters with high evasion rate. I recommend carrying both.

Augment Top Info:

Highly discussed topic. Try to aim for PvP P.Atk, STR, or regular P.Atk.
    PvP P.Atk augment itself might not make the biggest difference but the point is to increase % PvP P.Atk. The Maths here is: 5% PvP P.Atk from Belt, 5% PvP P.Atk from augment, 5% PvP P.Atk from PvP Enhancement, % from weapon's SA, and preferrably an additional Active PvP P.Atk augment on an offhand weapon. You end up with: 20-25% extra P.Atk at the end of the day. Which is a big boost in damage. This is probably the most crucial information in forming a decent archer.

================================================== ================================
    Dyes:

This is the part that depends mainly on your gameplay. Whether you prefer higher damage, higher speed, or a more experienced build. I personally used the following.

STR +4 / CON -4
    DEX +4 / CON -4
    WIT +4 / INT -4

The reason I've used WIT is that one of the strongest advantages that a MS has above other archers is their versatility that comes with their high speed. They have Elemental Heal for higher survivability, and the extra casting speed in the price of 1 DEX/STR makes a greater impact on your play. But as I mentioned before, here is the part that you customize your character to match your gameplay therefore if you wish to go glass cannon build, you may use a full 5DEX/5STR instead of the WIT4.
    Subclass Skills:

In this section I will show you several combinations.

PvP Evasion Build (My Build):

Long Shot: Increases the maximum range of bow and crossbow attacks. (+100 Distance increase)
    Evasion: Increases evasion. (+4 Evasion)
    Great Physical Offense: Greatly increases P.Atk. (+49 P.Atk, but I noticed on our server it is around 200-300 P.atk Bonus)

PvE Maximum Speed Attack Speed Build:

Counter Haste: 1% chance to increase Atk.Spd when attacking. (+32% Atk.Spd for 15 seconds)
    Counter Spirit: 3% chance to increase M.Atk, Cast.Spd, P.Atk and Atk.Spd when under attack. (Increase M.Atk, P.Atk by 7% and Cast Spd, Atk.Spd by 8% for 15 seconds.
    Critical Rate/Chance: 1% chance to increase Crit.Rate when attacking/Increase critical rate. (+30% Crit Rate for 15 seconds/+30 Crit. Rate.)

Useful for Oly:

Counter Barrier: 3% chance to become temporarily invincible to damage (but not debuffs) when under attack. (Celestial Shield type of buff for 5 seconds)
    Skill Enchantment:

Active:

Stun Shot +30 Chance (PRIORITIZE)
    Elemental Heal +30 Power
    Double Shot +30 Duel
    Rapid Fire +30 Power
    Lethal Strike +30 Duel
    Hamstring Shot +15 Chance
    Evade Shot +15 Power

Buffs:
    Spirit Barrier +30 Cost (gives 35% M.Def huge boost: PRIORITIZE)
    Sprint +30 Dodge

Toggle Skills:
    Vicious Stance +30 Power/Cost
    Accuracy +30 Cost

Passive:

Bow Mastery +30 Power/Swiftness (This will depend on your gamestyle and which weapon you use. As mentioned above in Bows section: the optimal is +30 Power combined with Dynasty Bow MW.)
    Light Armor Mastery +30 Power (Evasion)

Archery +15 Power

There are skills that I have skipped for instance: Entagle, due to the time you waste when it's more useful to attack one more time than cast this skill as you already have Hamstring Shot available. But, if you still wish to enchant, do this as your last skill.

================================================== ==========

That's it folks. If you have any further questions do not be afraid to pm me in-game or send me a private message. I might have skipped few data so I will appreciate constructive criticism.

Good luck and happy L2'ing!

P.S. (Creds to AsheQueen and Shh. Best Trickster and Saggitarius in Exilium for helping me test out all these combinations)
    Last edited by Kei; 11-08-2013, 12:30 AM.

Português

Tutorial Moonlight Sentinel
    by Ivy

• Introdução
    • Items
    • Dyes
    • Subclass Skills
    • Encantando Skill

Introdução:

"O Moonlight Sentinel dispara flechas rapidamente ao mesmo tempo em que o inimigo erra seus ataques. O Moonlight Sentinel pode ter o menor dano entre todos os arqueiros, mas com uma alta chance de acertar criticos e uma velocidade elevada ele é o arqueiro perfeito."

De acordo com a descrição dada pela própria NCSoft, MS é um arqueiro com baixo dano compensado pela sua velocidade. Ele tem o maior DEX dentre as demais raças e CON alta ao mesmo tempo.

Neste tutorial irei providenciar informações que coletei através de minha experiencia jogando como Moonlight Sentinel.

Items:

Elegia Leather Armor Set

When equipped, Speed +3%; P. Atk. +6.59%; Critical Rate +171; STR +1; DEX +2; CON -2; Resistance to Paralysis +50%, Resistance to Fire/Water/Wind/Earth +5. Can equip a cloak.
    PvP/PvE: Your main set will be Elegia Light Set. It is the most offensive set for an archer, and is necessary in order to maximize your damage.
    Vorpal Leather Armor Set

P. Def. +5.57%; Max MP +360; Speed +3%; P. Atk. +5.57%; Atk. Spd. +5%; STR +1, DEX +2, CON -3; Resistance to stun +50%; Resistance to fire/water/wind/earth +5. Damage +182 during critical. Can equip a cloak.
    PvP: As your off-set you should prepare a Vorpal Leather armor set, mainly due to the stun resist. In case of olympiad games, you will equip this set against heavy stunners, daggers and fellow archers. For a more defensive setup.

ARCOS!!!

Esta é a parte mais interessante em ser um arqueiro no Lineage 2. Existe uma variedade de arcos disponíveis para o jogador para diferentes situações.

Recurve Thorne Bow Focus

O arco S84 padrão, possui o maior P.Atk.

Dynasty Bow - Great Gale Focus

Para mim, este era meu arco principal, pelo fato de contribuir com a vantagem de velocidade que o MS possui. Este era o mais ideal para meu estilo de jogo. Muito recomendado para multiplos propósitos (tanto PvE como PvP). Use este arco somente se você encantou Bow Mastery até +30 Power, para compensar o P.Atk menor, Este arco com aprimoramento {PvP} é muito letal no PvP.

Icarus Spitter - Concentration Focus

Arco para matar Daggers e outros Arqueiros. Mantenha este como um arco secundário para usar contra jogadores que possuem alta evasão. Ele da um tremendo bonus de accuracy, um arco verdadeiramente incrivel.

Vesper Thrower - Clairvoyance Focus

Aumenta a distancia de tiro. Melhor arco contra Tanks, Ghost Sentinel e Saggitarius, use-o no PvP em campo aberto, devido a distancia extra seu dano aumentará. Lembre-se de desligar o Rapid Shot quando usar este arco, pois essa skill diminui a distancia de tiro.

Observação: Se você tiver condições, tente possuir um arco com Critical Slow, especialmente para Olympiadas. É a SA ideal para lutar contra Tanks, pois a estratégia contra eles é atirar e correr e dar o maior dano possível.

Attributes para o Arco.

Este é o segredo para qualquer arqueiro. Tente analizar o fluxo do servidor, e tente escolher o atributo menos usado pelos jogadores. Eu recomendo ter vários arcos (Eu pessoalmente carrego 5-6) com atributos diferentes e tento escolher um que dê o maior dano possível.

Belt:

Este é outro assunto muito discutido. Eu sugiro usar P.Atk Belt se você for iniciante, para maximizar o seu dano.
    Skill Atk. belt é mais usado quando o dano que você vai dar vai depender do uso de skills, especialmente contra jogadores que possuem evasão alta. Recomendo que você carrege ambos.

Informação importante sobre Augment:

Assunto muito discutido. Tente focar em PvP. P.Atk, STR ou P.Atk normal.
    PvP P.Atk augment em si pode não fazer uma diferença grande mas a idéia é aumentar o P.Atk. O cálculo aqui é: 5% PvP P.Atk com Belt, 5% PvP P.Atk com augment, 5% PvP P.Atk com aprimoramento {PvP}, % com o SA, e de preferência uma arma adicionar com PvP P.Atk ativo. Você acabada tendo um aumento de 20-25% de P.Atk no fim do dia. O que da um grande amumento no dao. Esta é provavelmente uma informação crucial para formar um arqueiro decente.

Dyes:

Esta parte depende muito do seu estilo de jogo. Onde você talvez prefira dano alto, velocidade alta ou equilibrado. Eu pessoalmente uso a seguinte.

STR +4 / CON -4
    DEX +4 / CON -4
    WIT +4 / INT -4

O Motivo pelo qual eu uso WIT é por uma das grandes vantagens que o MS tem sobre os outros arqueiros é sua versatilidade obtida através de sua velocidade. Ele tem Elemental Heal para sobreviver e Casting Speed a mais ao custo de 1 DEX/STR causa um grande impacto no seu jogo. Mas como mencionei antes, nesta parte você personaliza seu char de acordo com seu estilo de jogo, portanto se você prefere ser um arqueiro voltado a dano com baixa resistencia use 5DEX/5STR ao invés de 4WIT.

Subclass Skills:

Nesta parte irei mostrar várias combinações.

PvP Evasion Build (Minha Build):

Long Shot: Aumenta a distancia maxima de tiro de arcos e bestas. (+100 De distancia)
    Evasion: Aumenta Evasion. (+4 Evasion)
    Great Physical Offense: Aumenta P.Atk. (+49 P.Atk, em nosso server aumenta entre 200-300 P.atk)

PvE Maximum Speed Attack Speed Build:

Counter Haste: 1% chande de aumentar Atk.Spd quando atacando. (+32% Atk.Spd por 15 segundos)
    Counter Spirit: 3% chance de aumentar M.Atk, Cast.Spd, P.Atk and Atk.Spd quando sendo atacado. (aumenta M.Atk, P.Atk by 7% e Cast Spd, Atk.Spd by 8% por 15 segundos.
    Critical Rate/Chance: 1% chance de aumentar Crit.Rate quando atacando. (+30% Crit Rate por 15 segundos/+30 Crit. Rate.)

Útil em Oly:

Counter Barrier: 3% de chance de ficar invencivel a dano (mas não debuffs) quando sendo atacado. (Celestial Shield buff por 5 segundos)
    Skill Enchantment:

Active:

Stun Shot +30 Chance (PRIORIDADE)
    Elemental Heal +30 Power
    Double Shot +30 Duel
    Rapid Fire +30 Power
    Lethal Strike +30 Duel
    Hamstring Shot +15 Chance
    Evade Shot +15 Power

Buffs:
    Spirit Barrier +30 Cost (aumenta 35% M.Def: PRIORIDADE)
    Sprint +30 Dodge

Toggle Skills:
    Vicious Stance +30 Power/Cost
    Accuracy +30 Cost

Passive:

Bow Mastery +30 Power/Swiftness (Isto vai depender do seu estilo de jogo e qual arco você usa. Como mencionei antes, na parte dos arcos. O melhor é +30 Power usando Dynasty Bow MW.)
    Light Armor Mastery +30 Power (Evasion)

Archery +15 Power

Eu pulei a skill Entagle, devido ao tempo que você perde usando ela você pode atacar usando o Hamstring Shot. Mas, se você ainda deseja encantar ela, deixe por último.

================================================== ==========

Isto é tudo pessoal. Se tiver restado alguma dúvida não tenha medo de me mandar pm no jogo ou mensagem privada aqui no forum. Posso ter esquecido alguma informação então irei apreciar críticas construtivas.

Boa sorte e bom jogo.

P.S. (Creditos a AsheQueen e Shh. Melhor Trickster e Saggitarius no Exilium, por me ajudar a testar todas estas combinações)

Comment

Working...
    X