New Player's Guide to Getting Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EN New Player's Guide to Getting Rich

During my time here on Exilium, I have seen a lot of new players struggle and give up, where they could have succeeded with more knowledge. This inspired me to write a little collection of guides for getting started on this server. Some of what I write might appear to be trivial, but believe me when I say, I met players who honestly didn't know. Of course, this guide would be the most useful for people who can't see it here, as forum registration requires a lv85 character in the game, and viewing this forum as guest is apparently impossible. Nonetheless, feel free to post any ideas you have that I didn't mention.

1. Olympiad for fun and profit

There is a decent amount of money to be gained from Olympiad, and you don't need a big investment. You just need to be a noblesse, and the quest can be done in 2 hours, the infamous Succubus Claw/Red Moss/goddess jewelry drops almost 1/mob, no need to kill Barakiel or gather alchemical reagents (Lunargent and Hellfire Oil) anymore. Or if you are lazy and rich, you can buy Caradine's final letter from Galius for 20 Event- Medal of Honor and 704 million adena, total 7-8 billion adena on market prices. If you can make more money than that in 2 hours, you're better off buying it than running through the quest.

First, there are the quests: at the Grand Olympiad Manager, click Information, then Quest, and take all 3 quests. You get various items of confirmation when you progress with the quests. When you finish them they look like olympiad Starter(Done), clicking on them says you've already done the quest, but check again the next day and you can take the quest again. And again. And again. If you win enough matches so you don't run out of points, you can do all 3 quests every day of the month, except the 1st.
    Olympiad Starter: to do this quest you just need to register and play matches. You get the same reward for 5 lost matches and 5 won matches, so you can do it even with a naked character. You can take the reward for 3, 5 or 10 matches. For 3 you get 1 Olympiad Treasure Chest (which always opens up to be a Giant's Codex), for 5 you get 2 chest and 3 Medal of Glory, for 10 you get 4 chests and 5 Medal of Glory.
    Olympiad Veteran: this quest gives GC and MoG for playing 5-5 class based, non-class, and 3v3 matches. Since everybody plays only non-class, you'll only get that part of the quest, which means you get only one of the confirmation scroll items, which gets you 1 olympiad chest / day. But hey, free Giant's Codex!
    Olympiad Undefeated: win 2-5-10 matches in a row for similar rewards as Olympiad Starter. Quest items are deleted if the win streak is broken, so take the reward while you can!

If you lose most of your matches you're better off playing 5 each day, take the incomplete rewards from quests, and repeat next day. You get 10 points at 2nd day of the month, and 10 more each week. You can sell the Giant's Codexes or use them for skill enchant, and you can sell the Medal of Glory or buy 100 fame for each at Olympiad Manager / Rewards / Misc. Rewards.

And at the 1st of each month, if you have 17 or more matches and more than 0 points from the previous month, you can click at Olympiad Manager: Rewards / Calculate Points, you will probably end up with enough Olympiad Tokens to buy an AAEC or two.

Comment

2. Do Bosses

1. Always do zaken and B.zaken when you can - even if you get crappy drop, its still better than nothing.

2. Find a player, create a "kechi"-characters - a titan and a dark elf mage/summoner seem reasonable enough option, or whatever grinds your gears - being able to do kechi every 24 hours is a solid boost to your income, even with his lowered drop, it still gives a fair amount of GCs, AAEC and gold coins. Remember that before entering kechi you need to do the Mansion quest.

3. Follow RB status on web page and try to visit every boss lvl 76+ that is alive (time on web page are server times - you can check those with /server)- these are often farmed, but a quick speed char would get you some picks, even if you dont hit the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rien View Post
        1. Always do zaken and B.zaken when you can - even if you get crappy drop, its still better than nothing.

2. Find a player, create a "kechi"-characters - a titan and a dark elf mage/summoner seem reasonable enough option, or whatever grinds your gears - being able to do kechi every 24 hours is a solid boost to your income, even with his lowered drop, it still gives a fair amount of GCs, AAEC and gold coins. Remember that before entering kechi you need to do the Mansion quest.

3. Follow RB status on web page and try to visit every boss lvl 76+ that is alive (time on web page are server times - you can check those with /server)- these are often farmed, but a quick speed char would get you some picks, even if you dont hit the boss.
        Thanks. I'd like to add:
        -For Kechi, you need a character that can heal. There is a youtube video from this server that shows what do you have to heal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIzZAdlgAaQ
        -Also create a good boss support character, like a Shilien Templar (for Spirit of Shilien) or a Soultaker (for Day of Doom and various debuffs), you will need them if you want to really contribute to a zaken/b.zaken/freya/b.freya/frintezza raid... and if you end up in a clan that goes on these, they'll want you to contribute.
        -Do the Freya quests wth all characters.
        -Make your boss characters noblesse, it's easier to move them to frintezza raid, and more money if you do olympiad quests with them.
        -You could also try kamaloka, according to patch notes it now has decent drop. 2or 3 guys with dualbox might be enough, if they have doomcier+bladedancer to buff (Kamaloka entry removes buffs, you must bring in buffer)

Comment

Lil question regarding Kechi.
          well couple
          1st , how many chars do u need to enter the instance ?
          Second , any minimum required gear to be able to kill the boss at all ?
          Like atleast +300 atri S84 wep or smthng like that ?

It says its a new players guide , and im relatively new here.
          So i was courious , like F/e With a Grand Khavatari with ... lets say a SE dual box (for stigma of shillen + nice heal)
          What would be like the bare minimum gear i need on the GK to be able to take down the raid :?
          Got a Octo claw +7 with 150 atri on it , will that be enought :c :?

Comment

Now ideas ...
            Farm fame !
            Make a clan lvl 5 ( doesnt rly take long time to make)
            Register for both Territory war and a castle siege ( Id recommend either Rune or Aden castle sieges since its easyer to find a hiding spot in Combat zone there... And u need to be alive in order to get the fame !)
            Which reminds me , Dont be a dushbag and kill other ppl who farm fame there :| they also want to make some cash
            As for territory war , its irrelevant where u are registered for , as long as you are in combat zone ( that can be near Any castle or near Any territory fortress ) u obtain fame , as long as you are alive.
            Now make that Dualboxing 1 Tw + 1 Castle siege ... thats 2 times 2875 fame which is 5750 x 2 if u dual box its 11.5k fame !
            Divide that on /700 u need for a GCM = 8GCM each toon = 16 GCM ...
            16 x 4bil each ... voila u just made like 64 bil out of doing literally nothing , just staying alive in siege zone

ofc u can do that once every 2 weeks Only... but still thats like 130bil a month from thin air

Comment

Originally posted by Nevena View Post
              Lil question regarding Kechi.
              well couple
              1st , how many chars do u need to enter the instance ?
              Second , any minimum required gear to be able to kill the boss at all ?
              Like atleast +300 atri S84 wep or smthng like that ?

It says its a new players guide , and im relatively new here.
              So i was courious , like F/e With a Grand Khavatari with ... lets say a SE dual box (for stigma of shillen + nice heal)
              What would be like the bare minimum gear i need on the GK to be able to take down the raid :?
              Got a Octo claw +7 with 150 atri on it , will that be enought :c :?
              Yeah.. same problem i have, I'm a GK with +10 Jade Weapon and i got owned i think in the second room after i healed the oracle statue, there were a lot of mobs.
              Min you need 2 players to enter. I saw the video with the SoulHound doing it solo but he was full boss jewels and weapon+20.
              Also its possible that the boss is stronger since the video was made.
              Last edited by QueenLizzy; 06-06-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevena View Post
                Now ideas ...
                Farm fame !
                Make a clan lvl 5 ( doesnt rly take long time to make)
                Register for both Territory war and a castle siege ( Id recommend either Rune or Aden castle sieges since its easyer to find a hiding spot in Combat zone there... And u need to be alive in order to get the fame !)
                Which reminds me , Dont be a dushbag and kill other ppl who farm fame there :| they also want to make some cash
                As for territory war , its irrelevant where u are registered for , as long as you are in combat zone ( that can be near Any castle or near Any territory fortress ) u obtain fame , as long as you are alive.
                Now make that Dualboxing 1 Tw + 1 Castle siege ... thats 2 times 2875 fame which is 5750 x 2 if u dual box its 11.5k fame !
                Divide that on /700 u need for a GCM = 8GCM each toon = 16 GCM ...
                16 x 4bil each ... voila u just made like 64 bil out of doing literally nothing , just staying alive in siege zone

ofc u can do that once every 2 weeks Only... but still thats like 130bil a month from thin air
                AAEC might be better than GCM. It costs you 1200 fame, and sells for 8b or more.

Comment

Working...
                X