[RamDisk]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EN [RamDisk]

Can someone make a guide How to use Ramdisk on Lineage 2 ? I think it will help many of players who has more than 16 gb ram .
    sigpic

Where there's a will there's a way .

You will need a software to create a new virtual disk (ImDisk for example) and than install/run the game inside the this new disk.

For people that just use regular hdd but have a lot memory, it would give a noticeable difference.

But for ppl that use ssd, it will just "extend" a little bit the lag from h5 clients.

Regards,
    Raito

Comment

We can run game if we put in that new disk yea ? There is no other way like make it to run only shortcut or smth liek that ? I have 16 gb of ram and it will not enough than . And ssd too i have but this ramdisk has almost 10x more speed .
      sigpic

Comment

I tested it once. If you have an SSD, you won't see any difference, it's not perceptible from an human eye, and that's because the bottleneck won't be from disk usage but internally in the game engine on how assets are loaded/unloaded.

If you're still on H5 client, consider using Fafurion client (you can find it on this forum), it's much smoother than H5 (I run around 60fps on siege with all skills animations activated). The client engine has been updated to better optimize how memory is managed and doesn't cause leaks like H5 does (which is the main cause of the progressive lag H5 client has).
        Keep H5 for some tasks that Fafurion doesn't handle yet like warehouse functions etc.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mysdel View Post
          I tested it once. If you have an SSD, you won't see any difference, it's not perceptible from an human eye, and that's because the bottleneck won't be from disk usage but internally in the game engine on how assets are loaded/unloaded.

If you're still on H5 client, consider using Fafurion client (you can find it on this forum), it's much smoother than H5 (I run around 60fps on siege with all skills animations activated). The client engine has been updated to better optimize how memory is managed and doesn't cause leaks like H5 does (which is the main cause of the progressive lag H5 client has).
          Keep H5 for some tasks that Fafurion doesn't handle yet like warehouse functions etc.
          Can u share which l2.exe and l2.ini you are using ? Or any other system file ?
          sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fafurion fframe.jpg
Views:	1652
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	150274Look mate, at Fafurion its WAY fine fps, but CRASHES alot
            ---= NIGHTMARE =---
            Escarllet - Clan Leader

Comment

And your setting there can u send too ? Graphic options in game .
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alpi View Post
                And your setting there can u send too ? Graphic options in game .
                https://prnt.sc/srvjhd
                Last edited by Escarllett; 06-01-2020, 04:31 PM.
                ---= NIGHTMARE =---
                Escarllet - Clan Leader

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1by-...ew?usp=sharing

Try these L2.exe and L2.ini for fafurion.
                  Tell me if your browser blocks the download (sometimes they block .exe files in zip)

I enabled LAA (Large Aware Address) on it, and It's stable for me. Sometimes i got some crashes but it's like 1 or 2 in few hours playing.

For more FPS I disable cloaks in game, I keep it only for me. The rest are common settings like on H5, disable AA, don't use "Improved shader". Disable shadows if you don't mind at it (it's heavy on FPS)
                  sigpic

Comment

It seems working well for now . In giran min 30 fps i had .
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you guys think that i have bottleneck by SSd side ?
                      My system is :

Motherboard : Msi b450m-a Pro Max
                      Cpu : Amd Ryzen 5 3600
                      Gpu : Sapphire rx 580 nitro + 4 Gb
                      Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 Gb 3200 mhz cl16 Ddr4
                      Ssd : Kingston Ssd now 60 Gb (Only Lineage 2 is in it Fafurion+Hi5 20 15gb empty storage)
                      Hdd : Wd Blue 1 Tb 7200 Rpm (Windows 10 Pro installed)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Escarllett View Post
                        why your client has that interface? how i can i get it like that?

Comment

Did some1 test difference between nvme m.2 sdd and normal ssd ?
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a nvme 3.5g read, 3.0g W , a ssd 550g r/w and the difference is 5% around...
                            ---= NIGHTMARE =---
                            Escarllet - Clan Leader

Comment

So doesnt worth so much .
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X